Orthopedics at the Private Clinic Dr. med. Thomas Pauly
About the term "orthopedics": A composite of the Greek words orthos ("straight") and paidion ("child"), it literally means something like "straightening up a child."
Parisian pediatrician Nicolas Andry (1658–1742) was one of the first physicians to no longer accept curvatures and crippledness in children as a God-given condition, but to correct them with splints. Today, Orthopedics is well-established as the teachings of the detection and treatment of congenital or acquired defects of the musculo-skeletal system and is divided into surgical and conservative orthopedics.
I exclusively deal with conservative (i.e. non-surgical) Orthopedics.
Overview of my range of services at the Private Orthopedics Clinic Kö 94:
- Sports Medicine
- 4-D Spine Analysis
- CMD-Diagnostik (CMD = cranio-mandibuläre Dysfunktion, d. h. Kiefergelenks-Probleme)
- Stand-Analyse und Gang-Analyse
- Versorgung mit (Schuh-)Einlagen, ggf. Schuhzurichtung
- Kraftmessung mit gezielten Trainingsanweisungen
- Shockwave Therapy (focused and radial)
- Vibration Training as strength and vitality training
- Manual Therapy (Chiropractic Therapy)
- Special Pain Management